Re: Configure grub

----- Original Message -----
From: "Giovanni Alzetta" <giovannialzetta yahoo it>
To: <fedora-list redhat com>
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 12:56 PM
Subject: Configure grub

> Hello. I'll install fedora 3 on a computer of one my friend. He have
mandrake
> and windows, how I can configure grub to boot or fedora or mandrake or
> windows?
> Or can I just make a boot on a floppy for fedora?
> Bye bye
>
> --

For this you must change the file /boot/grub/grub.conf

the line to modifie is default=0
You must change 0 by the number which correspend to the order of your OS.
for example, if your grub.conf file has the following structure:

    default=0
    timeout=20
    title Fedora Core ....
    title Mandrake...
    title DOS (WindowsXP)....

you must change the line "default =0" by "default=1" if you want to boot by
default on Mandrake
you must change the line "default =0" by "default=2" if you want to boot by
default on Windows (DOS)
Aliloulinux
http://freealilou.free.fr/