Booting to run level 3 but still video fails?

Hello,

I am booting my newly installed FC3 box at initlevel 3 but still after the GRUB screens the video fails.
I am seeing the initlevel in inittab:

In inittab the first line reads:

id:3:initdefault:

Could the video still be failing even though is is booting to command line?
When I attach a brand new Dell 19" monitor it boots up no problem to command line but with my 15" monitor it fails!

Thanks in advance for any recommends,

Andoni.