Re: Cd player

Mark Haney wrote:
I'm having trouble getting sounds from my CD player.  I remembered an
issue with getting sound in FC2 and having to run alsamixer to turn the
CD sound back on, but in this case when I did that, it didn't work.  Is
there something else going on?  I have sound in every other way so it's
not the card.

I assume what you mean is you don't hear sound when you play an
audio CD in your CD drive. I had this problem also. I have an
Audigy 2 ZS sound card. When I used the Volume Control applet to turn up the "CD" level, I still got no CD sound. But I finally
scrolled across and saw two more levels labeled "Audigy CD".
I turned those up and then could hear my audio CDs.

--Kenny