Wisetech PS/2 scroll mouse

John Aldrich john at chattanooga.net
Fri Dec 10 17:02:53 UTC 2004

On Thursday 09 December 2004 12:08, Thomas Taylor wrote:

> > Tell you the truth, I'm scared of FUBARing my system so I haven't tried
> > that yet. I guess I will have to give that a shot and see how that works.
> > *sigh*
>
> Hi John:
>
> When you edit grub.conf, make a complete new section with the proto
> statement in it like below.  That way you can always have a clean boot to
> fall back on in case.

[snip]
Thanks. That's not what I'm worried about... I'm worried about writing it back
to the boot sector... I don't recall where it goes by default, and like an
idiot, when I last tried it, I screwed up and had grub write itself to the
wrong place and my RH9 box wouldn't boot any more... without a boot floppy,
that is. :-)