[OT] Tripwire passphrase

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Dec 10 20:00:57 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 14:46, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> Slightly off topic since tripwire is not part of Fedora base anymore.
> Is there a way to change passphrase on tripwire site and local key files?

I believe the only thing you can do is establish a new site and local
key file with a new passphrase.  In the past I have just created a new
local and site key then re-initialized the database.  I believe you can
still look at the old reports that were generated.

I also hit this problem when I changed the domain name of a few
systems.  The keys are tied to the fqdn of the system so I had to
generate new keys and re-initialize the database.

I have found this documentation invaluable in setting up tripwire.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/ref-guide/ch-tripwire.html

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

"Just think, with VLSI we can have 100 ENIACS on a chip!"
-- Alan Perlis