Cd player

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Fri Dec 10 21:45:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 10:16:18AM -0600, Kenny Gow wrote:
> Mark Haney wrote:
> >I'm having trouble getting sounds from my CD player.  I remembered an
> >issue with getting sound in FC2 and having to run alsamixer to turn the
> >CD sound back on, but in this case when I did that, it didn't work.  Is
> >there something else going on?  I have sound in every other way so it's
> >not the card.
> >

> I assume what you mean is you don't hear sound when you play an
> audio CD in your CD drive. I had this problem also. I have an
> Audigy 2 ZS sound card. When I used the Volume Control applet to
> turn up the "CD" level, I still got no CD sound. But I finally
> scrolled across and saw two more levels labeled "Audigy CD".
> I turned those up and then could hear my audio CDs.
>
> --Kenny

The above is food advice , but in addition use grip to play your CD
rather than gnome-cd which is screwy on some hardware. You can make
that the default if it works.

Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers and
cheating on your income tax.
		-- Mike Royko
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science