Installation problems on centrino laptop

Cody Y cody_y at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 10 22:34:36 UTC 2004

Hi,
I'm trying to install Fedora Core 3 on my laptop. It's a 1.6ghz
centrino. I'm having 2 problems. Firstly, if I leave acpi on, then I get
a little ways into the installation, and get the error message,
"Critical temperature reached." Normally I would be concerned about
this, but the temperature that it lists is wildly fluctuating. I've had
38 degrees celcius to 3184 degrees celcius.

Okay, so fine, I just try it with "linux acpi=off" and I stop getting
the error messages. But then, another problem! I partition my disks (I
love the graphical installer, I used to use slackware.) choose my
packages, and it locks up half way through install. On, "Gnome desktop
manager" if I recall correctly.

Okay, I won't use Gnome, I'll use KDE (Or install gnome after). I
uncheck gnome, and it crashes at the same point trying to install the
gnome package... Am I missing something?

Some information: I have a 'no name' brand laptop. It's a cicero, which
is Future Shop's in house brand. After a little bit of research, I've
found out that it's either a rebranded seanix laptop, or a rebranded
CLEVO laptop. Model number is: M120c

Thanks,
-Cody