Cd player

fredex fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Dec 10 23:36:29 UTC 2004

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 08:34:50AM -0500, Mark Haney wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting sounds from my CD player.  I remembered an
> issue with getting sound in FC2 and having to run alsamixer to turn the
> CD sound back on, but in this case when I did that, it didn't work.  Is
> there something else going on?  I have sound in every other way so it's
> not the card.

Does this machine, perhaps, dual boot XP? IF so, does it work in XP?
Do you have an audio cable in place from the CD drive to the appropriate
connector on the sound card?

What I'm getting at is this: windoze media player on XP will extract
the audio from an audio CD as digital data via the IDE bus, but most
other programs/operating systems still depend on the analog audio
cable to be in place. So, it will work in XP but no Linux, for example.

                       I can do all things through Christ
                              who strengthens me.