Centrino Laptop Boot problems

Hello,
I just installed Fedora core 3 from a dvd onto my centrino laptop. Installation went fine after I got a few hiccups out (Had to start up without acpi), but now it won't boot. It appears to be hang while 'Checking root filesystem'.

My laptop is a 'cicero'. It's a rebrand. I think the original brand is either clevo or seanix. Model number M120c.

Any ideas as to what this could be? Should I boot into recovery mode and run fsck?

-Cody