Email syncing question....

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 11 03:46:56 UTC 2004

I only use one e-mail adress, and because I am subscribed to this list,
I cannot leave the messages on the server because my storage space fills
up in a matter of days. I would like to be able to access the same
e-mail account from my laptop and my desktop and have the inbox and
other folders kept in synch with one another. I have tried this before
with my two desktop systems and I ended up having lost e-mails because
they ended up on one system and not the other.

How do I setup either a shared mailbox on my desktop that forwards
e-mail to my laptop, or maybe an rsync cron job to match the mail
folders on both systems. Right now I am using Mozilla Thunderbird, but I
have evolution and kmail installed also.