Anaconda problems

Beppe nytrodb at katamail.com
Sat Dec 11 10:14:18 UTC 2004

Carmelo wrote:

>>Beppe wrote:
>>I've the same issue with a 915G and the same card.
>>Kudzu recognized the hardware but the X freeze at the boot time.
>>

>Yeeeah!!!, thats what's happening me...and I think that the problem could probably be on the graphic card.
>

>>Fortunately my motherboard provide an onboard graphic adapter and it works (if I remove ATI card!)
>>

>If I undestood it well, u mean that you remove the card (physically) from your computer and then u put there another one?. Is this it?. And then you put the ATI card again, once FC3 was installed?.
>Damn!, the idea is not to remove the card in order to install FC3. If it's possible...

No, actually I've two video adapter: ATI card and the onboard one (Intel
915GEV mb is equiped with an Intel GMA900 onboard graphic subsystem).
I would to utilize ATI card to have more video memory, but the system
crash as you know!
So I removed (yes, physically) the card, connected the monitor to the
other one (already mounted on) and installed FC3!
After installing and up2dating FC3, I tried to re-install ATI card but
the problem persists!
Actually I not wasted so much time because somehow video is working but
audio and network doesn't work yet!

>>I can say that I haven't any problem with FC2 and ATI card plugged in and working, even if I don't think PCI-E bus was exploited properly because the system recognized it like a VESA adapter.
>>

>Thats true, again!. I run the FC2 anaconda instalation program without hardware problems and while FC3 recognizes my card as an ATI X600 (which can be the main problem), FC2 only gets as a VESA(generic) card and do not crash.
>
>Maybe I'll try to install in text mode...and see what happens. If you get any other idea...please told me, I'll pleased to know. Thankx again.

Done... text mode installing is completed successfully but the problem
persists rebooting system!
Please, bring me up to date.
10x

>regards,