Fedora Core 3

I am trying to install the iso's. All goes well until the reboot then
the screen comes up all broken up and in tiny colored dots. I had read
that the screen resolution is wrong.
I also want a boot diskette created so that it does not use the MBR.
In the past at the end of install it use to ask if you wanted a boot
diskette.
Could someone help first on the screen problem. I have been up and
running but it is a mess to figure out.
Thank You.
Larry.