Re: FC3: mysql server problem

Am Sa, den 11.12.2004 schrieb Matej Badalič um 17:07:

> When I want to start the mysql server (in FC3 with the latest updates) I can't
> start it.
> I have tried from the console and I got the following message:
>
> Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL Daemon.
> Startig MySQL:                             [FAILED]

> Matej Badalič

Did the MySQL server already run and you changed anything with it's
configuration? I mean setting MySQL root's password or deleting the
anonymous user? If not, then check /var/log/messages for information
about process failure - maybe SELinux problem? you should see that from
syslog then.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:15:18 up 1 day, 12:56, load average: 0.35, 0.59, 0.46