Re: Firewall issues with setting up vsftp server

Am Sa, den 11.12.2004 schrieb Terry Linhardt um 19:04:

> YES! This solution works.
> Although I had read through the vsftpd.conf file, I did NOT see a
> reference to port ranges for passive mode. After reading the link you
> provided, I found there are a LOT of options to vsftpd that I didn't
> know about. :) So, I simply added the pasv_min_port and pasv_max_port to
> my vsftpd.conf file, restarted the daemon, and added the port range to
> iptables and....all is good. THANK YOU!
>
> Terry

Poking holes into the firewall where not necessary isn't the best
approach. Using the ip_conntrack_ftp is the better alternate.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:18:52 up 1 day, 13:59, load average: 0.97, 0.78, 0.66