FC1 > FC3

G. Vincent Castellano gvc at ocsystems.com
Sat Dec 11 22:24:05 UTC 2004

Jim Higson wrote:
> On Friday 10 Dec 2004 15:52, Don Dupy wrote:
>
>>Has anyone done an upgrade from FC1 > FC3 ?
>>I am wanting to upgrade, but I an afraid with FC2 in the middle
>>that might not be a good idea.
>>Would I be better off backing up everything and doing a fresh install?

Always backup everything before doing an upgrade.

I had difficulties going from RH9 to FC3 via an upgrade, and I never sorted out
exactly what was behind the problem--the machine would lock up occaisionally and
I think it had to do with X.  I don't know if FC1->FC3 would suffer the same
issues, but I would be cautious.
--gvc