download fc3 as dvd or iso

Terry R. Grier terry at tigerstaffing.net
Sun Dec 12 15:18:36 UTC 2004

sako wrote:

> Hello,
> i downloaded the  FC3-i386-DVD.iso
> <http://download.atrpms.net/mirrors/fedoracore/3/i386/iso/FC3-i386-DVD.iso>
>
> and tried to boot from the dvd. i get an error says (first page)
> "Missing parameters in config file"
>
> i downloaded the
> FC3-i386-disc1.iso
> <http://download.atrpms.net/mirrors/fedoracore/3/i386/iso/FC3-i386-disc1.iso>
>
> FC3-i386-disc2.iso
> <http://download.atrpms.net/mirrors/fedoracore/3/i386/iso/FC3-i386-disc2.iso>
>
> FC3-i386-disc3.iso
> <http://download.atrpms.net/mirrors/fedoracore/3/i386/iso/FC3-i386-disc3.iso>
>

> and here i always get the error the CD is corrupted.
>
> does anybody can give me a simple way how to install fedora without
> complix problems which i cant understand?
>
> thank you.

Are you using a linux system now ? or XP?
If you get the ISO images. you will then need to check the mdsums
and then burn disks using nero or something (for xp) burn.

Also as a side note.. I burned 7 copies of the iso's for FC3 ..each time
having the MEDIA checked tell me the CD was bad.
The last time I installed anyway.. and it worked fine.  I think there is
a problem with the media checker.
There is also a disk 4.. FYI.
I did the standard install and it only used disk 1 and 2