any idea what this is all about

Rich Burroughs rich at paranoid.org
Sun Dec 12 17:57:22 UTC 2004

david wrote:

> i boot from cd, everything goes well until the screen to partition the
> drive;
> if i select remove all linux partitions, or
> keep all partitions and use freespace,
> then the error comes up
> if i select delete all partitions
> i can go through and  load fc3 fine no problems at all

If you just have some Windows partitions and then free space for Linux,
you shouldn't have remove or delete anything at that point. You just
want to create new partitions in the free space.

I'm sorry but I've not done the Fedora installs enough to have it
memorized, but I believe there is a manual partition option as Peter
says. I would suggest choosing that. I think you need to do the custom
install to get to that (not server or workstation).

Rich