I need a kick start for saslauthd

Doesn't seem to be much in terms of Red Hat cyrus-saslauthd
documentation and I need a kickstart. I can start the service. I don't
see any saslauthd.conf file nor any sasldb file - and there isn't
anything in /etc/sysconfig either.

docs in /usr/share/doc/cyrus-sasl-... are in html mode and vague

any pointers to a web site that does hand-holding?

Thanks

Craig