udev, FC3 and external drives

Frank Pineau frank at pineaus.com
Mon Dec 13 14:34:50 UTC 2004

I have an external hard drive with several partitions.  I also have
several USB thumb drives.  Is there a convenient way to get them to
mount where I want them with the labels I want them to have?  For
example, the one that gets connected first gets /dev/sda.  I don't
always connect my external hard drive, so I don't necessarily want to
set /dev/sda1 to mount in /media/ext-drive-1.  I'd rather be able to
tell it "Always mount THUMB DRIVE *here* with $PERMISSIONS, always mount
EXT-DRIVE (partition 1) *here* with $OTHER_PERMISSIONS...etc."

--
Fix it! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it!... Fix it! Fix it! Fix
it!

--Fry
  Futurama - "A Clone of My Own"