Network Card Installation FC3

Andoni andonilist at eurokom.ie
Mon Dec 13 16:13:10 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have just added an old ISA PnP 3Com network card to my newly installed FC3 machine.

Kudzu seems to have picked up and installed the card fine but when I do "ifconfig" it only has the loopback address.

When I do "ping 192.XXX.XXX.XXX" I get an error of "Network is Unreachable".

What do I have to do next to get the card to work?

In the directory /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts there is a file called ifcfg-lo but none called ifcfg-eth0. Do I have to make this myself?
I say the card seems to have been detected as it is lised in /etc/sysconfig/hwconf

In the BIOS should I set FC3 as a PnP OS? Is that only for Windows?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Andoni.