Newbee - Installing Fedora Core 2 HD not recognized

Installing Core 2 on an HP Pavilion 4535 with an IDE HD. The system was running Windows. I went to the store purchased a book with CD's of Core 2 & not the Publisher's Edition the real thing. The install tries Disk Druid and can't recognize the hard drive. Windows does not boot which is fine I do not want a dual boot. I get kicked out to [Boot:]

Will I need a different hard drive an conroller?

Thanks Ahead of Time!
Doug Friend

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! ? Get yours free!