FC3 crashes during update of FC2

Bernard Barton bfb21 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 14 03:47:06 UTC 2004

I thought I found the explanation for why FC3 crashes during
the install, when upgrading from FC2.  I've listed the URL and
message from the mailing list below.  However, I tried numerous
permutations in my grub.conf file, and it still crashes when
beginning to install the RPM's.  The same message regarding
the kernel is always displayed:

warning: package kernel = 2.6.9-1.667 was already added. Replacing with
kernel = 2.6.9-1.667

Any ideas beside a destructive installation?

-Thanks

http://readlist.com/lists/redhat.com/fedora-list/5/26939.html

Paul you are 100% correct, I removed 1 of 3 installed kernels and the
install proceeded fully.

Thank you very much.