Re: Problem creating FC3 CD's

--- "Michael A. Peters" <mpeters mac com> wrote:

> My guess is that your burns w/0 -dao/-pad were
> actually good burns
> despite failing media check.
> Apparently a bug in the kernel ide driver causes the
> media check to
> fail on ATAPI cd drives if not burned with padding,
> even though they
> are good burns.

Hi Michael.  I believe that you are correct.  I did
see a post on google that said that "linux mediacheck"
gives false negatives, and it is really necessary to
write a small program with iterative calls to cksum on
a mounted iso filesystem versus the mounted CD to get
the correct answer.

This should be in the FAQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!