OT: Seeking opinion about reverse-DNS lookups on SMTP HELO

To combat spam I have enabled reverse-DNS lookups of incoming SMTP connections. If the FQDN does not match the HELO-Identity, I reject the connection with a 550 Error.

I have now found that this breaks communication even with reputable (well, an international bank that is) peers. Dunno how much more mail I may have lost through this... How are you out there handling that, are you doing reverse-lookups?

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo hajo net>
http://www.HaJo.Net

PGP-Key: http://www.hajo.net/hajonet/keys/pgpkey_hajo.txt