suexec and Apache 2.0.52 ?

I am using Apache 2 with suexec enabled at my web server. OS is RHEL 3, but I hope Fedora people also knows the solution.

I compiled the stuff by downloading httpd-2.0.52.tar.gz from httpd.apache.org and putting it into /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
rpmbuild -bb SPECS/httpd.spec (the spec from the tar.gz) gave me rpms in RPMS/i386

Normal websites run OK with old httpd.conf. I added a new virtual host with parameter for suexec:

SuexecUserGroup Uname Gname

But the server ran only as usual user of httpd - in my configuration it is apache. SuexecUserGroup did not change anything, even though /var/log/httpd/error_log says httpd started with suexec enabled, as manual says. /usr/sbin/suexec seem to have right permissions.

What might be the problem?

Timothy