Re: suexec and Apache 2.0.52 ?

Am Di, den 14.12.2004 schrieb Timothy Ha um 22:50:

> >Probably a misconception about what suEXEC does. Please read
> >
> >http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/suexec.html
> >
> >carefully. suEXEC does _not_ cause the vhost to run as different
> >user/group. I guess you would want
> >
> >http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/perchild.html
> >
> >but as the site clearly says, this module isn't stable/usable yet.
> >
> I created a test.php for running at virtual host, but with it, I could
> not write a test file in the user's directory, because of permissions.
> So I figured it out that php did not execute under the username I needed.
>
> Timothy.

As guessed, a misconception / misunderstanding what suEXEC does. Please
reread the Apache2 documentation regarding this. suEXEC is for CGIs. If
you would have created a CGI test script, then it would have done what
you want.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 23:51:52 up 4 days, 18:32, load average: 0.88, 0.86, 0.80