Re: Boot to text mode

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 11:20:25AM -0500, Don wrote:

> I installed Fedora Core 3 to boot to graphics mode by default but it can't
> understand my graphics card and so hangs on boot.  How do I use the boot
> loader to boot into text mode?

If you get stuck with a screen that doesn't understand your monitor/videocard
combination, you can always switch back to text mode with CTRL-ALT-F8, then
ALT-F1.

This works even if your X display is working properly; I use it to get into
systems quickly when I don't need/want a full X session.

To make the screen go back to X (assuming it is working), press CTRL-ALT-F7.

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh | Public Key: