Re: FC3 install on Adaptec 2410SA - Adaptec says NO

There's often a bios choice between "I20" and "mass storage emulation" in the card settings. I20 is the newer command set, and I've found that I tend to have mysterious hangs and delays with I20 on fedora, but have none such with "mass storage".

Frank wrote:

J. Epperson wrote:

I've done successful upgrade of FC1-->FC3 on an aacraid system, albeit SCSI, so the driver's not completely busted (like the FC3 megaraid drivers). I've noticed that "mass storage" emulation works more consistently than I20 with FC3--is your controller doing I20?

I'm sorry - I don't really understand the question. Through Google I have learned that there is a dpt_i20 driver, but I'm not sure what that has to do with the aacraid driver. I'm not sure what "mass storage emulation" means in this context.

Frank.