Re: Ctrl-A/E/U/etc in GNOME Apps?

A. Rick Anderson wrote:
My recollection is that, by default, the command-line editor is usually emacs. Your work station may be getting set to vi. Type in some text on the command line, hit the escape key and enter a 0. If it moves the cursor to the start of the command line, then you are in vi mode instead of emacs mode.

Nope. If I open a gnome-terminal, and hit ESC, then 0, I get this:

(arg: 0) asdfdsdfasdfs

Where "asdfdsdfasdfs" is what I had typed on the command line. Doesn't that all have to do with my bash config, though?

Thanks for looking into this, though.

pete