xcdroast 0.98alpha15 in fedora 3

Gerhard Magnus magnus at agora.rdrop.com
Wed Dec 15 00:45:03 UTC 2004

I'm trying to get the latest version of xcdroast (0.98alpha15) to work
with fedora 3.  Running it "as is" gives the message:

"You have selected an ATAPI device as your CD-writer.  This is not a
recommended setup -- you will experience long delays and bad writing
performance.  See the FAQ..."

The FAQ suggests using SCSI emulation.  I've added "hdc=ide-scsi" to the
kernel line in grub.conf.  Running "cdrecord --scanbus" shows:

scsibus1:
        1,0,0 100) 'SONY    ' 'CD-RW  CRX215E1 ' 'SYS2' Removable CD-ROM

So far, so good....  I believe the next step is to add the line:

options ide-cd ignore=hdc

to the /etc/modules.conf file.  But that file is not part of the fedora
3 distribution.

Where do I go from here?  Do I add the "options" line (or something like
it) to /etc/modprobe.conf?  Or is some other cd burning program with a
gui recommended for use with this distribution?

Thanks for the help!