From A Fedora Newbie

Marc M linuxr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 18:25:55 UTC 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:44:00 +0000, Andoni <andonilist at eurokom.ie> wrote:
> I am also a newbie. I just did my first Linux install in years the other
> day.
>
> All I did was put in the first Fedora CD, make sure the BIOS is set to "Boot
> from CD" and start up the machine!!
>
> Easy!
>
> Good luck,
> Andoni.
>
> PS: Hope you have better luck than I did with Graphics cards and network
> cards!
>
> A.

It's really not that bad.  If you can get it to boot from the cdrom
drive, you have half the battle won.  The days of old were full of
many a gnashed tooth, let me tell ya.   Even compared to other
distributions, Fedora's install process is WAY friendly.   I haven't
seen Fedora have too many problems with recognizing hardware or
anything like that.   You should probably make sure you load X-windows
so you will have a desktop environment.

Marc

--
*           M    E    R    R    Y