Suspend to RAM

Amy M amymom at hawaiilinux.us
Wed Dec 15 21:15:38 UTC 2004

Looks like you may be the Savior.  Any info that will help me do the
suspend to RAM in FC3 will be greatly appreciated.

I have an HP ze4560 notebook.  The only way I was able to cause it to
hibernate (suspend to RAM) was to issue a command:

echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep

But as everyone would have guessed, with this command (and nothing
else), I would not able to wake the machine up after I put it into
hibernation.