Re: Suspend to RAM/Disk

Thanks, I will give it a shot. Now I feel much better about Fedora!!!

Satish Balay wrote:

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Amy M wrote:

Looks like you may be the Savior.  Any info that will help me do the
suspend to RAM in FC3 will be greatly appreciated.
I have an HP ze4560 notebook.  The only way I was able to cause it
to hibernate (suspend to RAM) was to issue a command:

echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep

What you are trying to do is 'suspend to disk' not 'suspend to ram'. Try:

echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep

But as everyone would have guessed, with this command (and nothing else), I
would not able to wake the machine up after I put it into hibernation.

If ACPI doesn't work well - try APM. i.e

- edit /etc/grub.conf and add 'acpi=off' at the end of 'kernel' options
- reboot
- use Fn-F4 (or 'apm -s') to suspend.

Satish