How do I set up konsole to use ISO-8859-1 and not UTF-8

OK. I have also searched the web for this, but no answer.

I use pine mail reader to read my e-mail messages at the university I attend, from my laptop in my home. I have Fedora 3.

I don't care if the rest of my system use UTF-8 character coding, but my university use ISO-8859-1 with the result that the Norwegian special letters displays wrongly, with small error messages everywhere.

Is there a solution? Can I make konsole use ISO-8859-1?

Earlier (when I had Fedora 2) I walked around the problem with just ssh-ing over there and starting an xterm on the remote machine. But after I installed Fedora 3 I get the following error message when trying to run a remote xterm window:

xterm Xt error: Can't open display:

Is it easier to fix this than konsole's character coding?

Kristian André
http://gallis.com/kag/