up2date temp folder

Hi.. I have a Red Hat Linux Enterprise installed and
configured to auto update using up2date function

I want to download the update patch into a folder
first and auto install but still keep the update
patches in that folder, is that possible? I used the
following command but it prompt me error. Why?

Beside Where can I configured the frequency or timing
to auto update using linux command ?

[root Liunx up2date]# up2date --tmpdir=/home/up2date

No interactive mode available
Please specify either -l, -u, --nox, or package
names as command line arguments.
usage: up2date [OPTIONS] [<packages>]