Re: recommended mpeg player for FC3?

Michael A. Peters wrote:

On 12/12/2004 05:09:53 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

what's the best choice for an MPEG player for FC3? my first attempt at using totem caused it to fail to open a standard MPEG file, and poking around in bugzilla and a couple fedora forums suggests that totem is still pretty buggy.

Totem works extremely well for me - you just need the plugins handle mpeg

http://mpeters.us/linux/fc3_gstreamer.php

The totem that comes with Fedora works well, but if installing a newer totem makes you feel better -

http://mpeters.us/yum/fedora/3/i386/RPMS.bleed/totem-0.99.22-0.0.yjl.1.i386.rpm

I've found that it does error messages a little better, though it doesn't do anything the Fedora version doesn't (that I have found anyway).

If you still don't want to use totem, then xine or mplayer both work well. They can be had from rpm.livna.org

I know this is coming in kind of late, but I had the exact same problem with totem, so I uninstalled and installed a package called totem-xine. I haven't had the problem since. Not exactly sure which repo it could be found. fedoratracker.org might help in that respect.

HTH

MC