Doc or Rtf to Tex or LaTex

Hi All!
I've to convert a DOC file to Tex on FC3.
I tried to "make" a free for charge rtf2TeX converter created by Robert Lupton (the only one I found), but
the following error occurs:
gcc -g -c -o reader.o reader.c
reader.c:40: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'malloc'
reader.c:87: error: initializer element is not constant
make: *** [reader.o] Error 1

Line 87 is: static FILE *rtffp = stdin;

Does anyone knows how can I solve this error?
or ... does exists some other way to convert DOC to TEX? for example passing
thru other applications (OpenOffice, ...).

Thanx for any input.

Best,
Beppe