RPM

Hi everybody,

I would like to know what RPM is? I wanted to download Java Console and
I had the possibility to choose between RPM packages and normal
packages. What is the difference?
Any idea whether there are drivers for my graphic card - ATI Mobility
Radeon 9700? Or any idea where I could find it out, so I can quit
bothering you?

Kind regards,
delirium

P.S. I hope this is no spam anymore, because I have answers to my
previous question now ;-)