Re: Winbind

Problem solved. Looking at the winbind logfile:

[2004/12/16 15:29:22, 0] sam/idmap_tdb.c:db_allocate_id(106)
 idmap Fatal Error: UID range full!! (max: 50000)

We upped the UID to 100000 and now it works.

dean

lberns01 netscape net wrote:

It turns out my colleague misconfigured NIS. After reconfiguring NIS and confirming it works, we ran getent and it ran successfully showing all NIS users. getent still fails when using winbind. Any ideas would be helpful.

dean

lberns01 netscape net wrote:

Hmm. A colleague setup the machine to go through NIS for testing purposes. When he ran getent, he had the same results. I don't know that this is necessarily a winbind issue.

dean

lberns01 netscape net wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know of issues involving winbind on fc3? We have winbind running on several servers here without a hitch. The problem I'm having is with getent. It only returns local information. The funny thing is, wbinfo works. Any ideas why getent isn't working. or has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
dean