Re: Trying to compile my own kernel - getting kernel panic...

William Hooper wrote:

Andrew Konosky said:

I tried yum install mkinitrd,
but it couldn't find any packages.

According to your other post your yum config is borked anyway.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/mkinitrd-4.1.18-2.i386.rpm

More likely (since the kernel requires mkinitrd), your original problem is
a path problem.  mkinitrd lives in /sbin/mkinitrd.

Either that or more than your yum config is borked.

I seem to already have mkinitrd installed, but it wasn't registering with su. I did su - and then it worked, so I guess I just forgot the - the first time. I created a initrd that lets me boot, but I still have some work to do on configuring some misc. modules.