Postfix segfault

Kay Williams kay at thewilliams.net
Fri Dec 17 18:09:10 UTC 2004

Hello -

I am receiving a segfault error when attempting to start postfix:

/etc/init.d/postfix: line 34: 27297 Segmentation fault
/usr/sbin/postalias ${alias_database//,} 2>/dev/null

I noticed a similar post to this alias in November
(http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-November/msg08985.html)
, but saw no reply.

In my case, I completed these steps prior to starting postfix:

1.	Rebuilt postfix to include mysql support
(http://www.fedora.us/wiki/PostfixWithMySQL)
2.	Switched mta from sendmail to postfix
(http://www.fedora.us/wiki/SwitchingToPostfix)

Postfix starts correctly following the same steps on a similarly
configured machine.  I am using the default /etc/aliases and postfix
configuration files.

Suggestions?