Java and/or Jpackage on AMD64-FC3

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 18:27:11 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 06:04:34 +0000, Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com> wrote:
> I've reworded my amd64 note to try to make it a little bit clearer.

Yes, it is clearer, and thanks for updating your article.

I wasn't really looking forward to building an RPM-Build environment.
I've done it once before, but didn't need to use it again.  Doing it again
is like re-learning - I hate having to repeat long processes that then get
used infrequently.

Now, I might see if I can remove all the 64-bit Java elements from the
AMD64-FC3 system(s) and try to get the 32-bit versions of them going.
Having Java available on ALL systems is surely a worthy goal.

> Hopefully there soon will be a JPackage package for x86_64
> I'm probably going to building an x86_64 box in January of Feb, I
> suspect JPackage will have a build by then, but if they don't, I'll
> look at making x86_64 equivalent to the su-compat package they have for
> 32-bit.

Hey Great!  It's always progress when a package grows by adding
support for another architecture!

--
MM