enforce screensaver for all users of a system?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 18 06:06:07 UTC 2004

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 16:41:13 -0500,
>   Matt Morgan <minxmertzmomo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>We're migrating some of our users to FC3 from Windows (yay!). In
>>Windows, we use system policies to force password-protected
>>screensavers to turn on after a certain amount of idle time.
>

> Isn't this really a people problem? You should be able to set the value
> you want and let people know if they change it the will be subject
> to some kind of disciplinary action.

You have to catch them first.  If you can set a policy that they cannot
change, but can be changed only by root, then this is easier on system
administrators.  The configuration file can be set and then copied onto
other user's home directories to lock down the screensaver.  Other
system configurations can be set similarly.

James McKenzie