Azureus + Java 1.5 + FC3

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sat Dec 18 10:46:06 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 11:47 +0000, Jim Higson wrote:

> > > I had Azureus running fine with jdk 1.4
> >
> > I suggest you flush Azureus down the crapper where it belongs and switch
> > to the original Bittorrent client. It runs better and uses a lot fewer
> > system resources. Try it, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
>
> I'd try Gnome-Bittorrent - it's a very simple client, similar to the original
> but that fits in nicer with the Fedora desktop.
>
> See http://fedoranews.org/tchung/gnome-btdownload/ for details on using it
> with Fedora.

Thomas's article was originally written for Fedora Core 2, and so is
based on a fairly old version of gnome-btdownload due to more recent
versions requiring later versions of various gnome libraries that were
not available in FC2. FC3 does contain the required libraries and is
therefore compatible with the latest version of gnome-btdownload
(0.0.17). I have FC3 RPMs available at: http://www.city-
fan.org/ftp/contrib/bittorrent/

Paul.
--