[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [NIS]: a small problem with NIS



----- Original Message ----- 
From: <akonstam trinity edu>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list redhat com>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: [NIS]: a small problem with NIS


> On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 08:17:00PM +0100, AlilouLinux wrote:
> >
> > ----- Original Message ----- 
> > > > > > > NB:
> > > > > > > domain name: nis.a22.TPnis
> > > > > > > ip of the nis server : 10.172.52.22
> > > > > > > I have created the file /var/yp/nis.a22.TPnis
> > > > > > > I have added to /etc/yp.conf:
> > > > > > >     nis.a22.TPnis   server 10.172.52.39
> > > > > > >     ypserver   10.172.52.39
> Look you say above the nisserver is 10.172.52.22
> So why do you have server 10.172.52.39 in you yp.conf file?
> As I said before it looks to em that the content of the yp.conf file
> is not consistant with the format of information that you see in
> comments in that file as I said in the comment just below this. Blow I
> ask you a number of questions about what you are doing and received no
> answer. .

OK, the ip of the server is not 10.172.52.22 but 10.172.52.39. Sorry

> > > >
> > > > The format of the yp.conf file is:
> > > > domain NISDOMAIN server HOSTNAME
> > > > where the HOSTNAME is in the /etc/hosts file.
> > > > In your case it should be:
> > > > domain nis.a22.IPnis server <HOSTNAME of 10.172.52.22>
> > > > if 10.172.52.22 is your nis server. I don't understand why you have
> > > > > > > restart the daemons
> > > > > > >     ypserv  restart
> > > > > > >     yppasswdd restart
> > > > > > > when I type "domainname" I get this answer "nis.a22.TPnis"
> > > > > > > And when I type "ypwhch" I get "station_a22" (the name of my
> > station
> > > > > which
> > > > > > > is in the same time my nis server)
> > > > > > > **********************
> > > > Why is station.a22 your nis server?
> > > > Is the ip 10.172.52.2 the ip of station.a22
> > > > Also you need to run ypbind on all nis clients even if you have the
> > > > server as its own client.
> > > > -- 
> > >
> > > Because I want to do some tests in my server. And it is recommanded
that a
> > > server be at the same time a client. This is the reason what I'm
runing
> > > ypbind under the server (because, at the same time, it is a client...)
> > >
> > > Nota ben: I have done the tests in another machine (client). the
answers
> > are
> > > good.
> >
> > >>The format of the yp.conf file is:
> > >>domain NISDOMAIN server HOSTNAME
> > >>where the HOSTNAME is in the /etc/hosts file.
> > >>In your case it should be:
> > >>domain nis.a22.IPnis server <HOSTNAME of 10.172.52.22>
> > >>if 10.172.52.22 is your nis server. I don't understand why you have
> > > > > restart the daemons
> > > > >     ypserv  restart
> > I think that there is no errors in the file yp.conf, because we can use
the
> > Hostname or the IP of the hostname (is what I'm telling false ?!!)
> > ---> the problem already exists!!!
> >
>
> You still have not explained the confusion in the the two different
> ip-s that you associate with you nishosname.
> -- 
>
> =======================================================================
> Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
> A: He was giving it last rites.
> -------------------------------------------
> Aaron Konstam
> Computer Science
> Trinity University
> One Trinity Place.
> San Antonio, TX 78212-7200
>
> telephone: (210)-999-7484
> email:akonstam trinity edu
>
> -- 
> fedora-list mailing list
> fedora-list redhat com
> To unsubscribe: http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]