CD burning problem

Jim Dishaw (dishawjp) no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Sat Dec 18 23:38:15 UTC 2004

Aaron Konstam wrote:
>I still can't understand why people insist on using
>cdrecord to write to CD-s instead of xcdroast or k3d.
>It just makes ones life more complicated.

I originally tried to use the Nautilus CD burning
utility, then k3b, then xcdroast.  None would work.

In order to get some decent error messages to try to
troubleshoot the problem, I then switched to cdrecord.

I have tried burning as root and as normal user.  The
hardware is OK since I can boot the same computer to
FC2 and burn CD's just fine.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Jim Dishaw

--