List identification [fedora-list]

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sun Dec 19 15:17:14 UTC 2004

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 10:13:15AM +0200, Gregory Machin wrote:
> The fedora-list is grate exept for one thing I when my box is full , which
> is always I have to search for the fedora-list stuff how about setting the
> mailinglist server to add [fedora-list] to the begining of the subject
> alot of other lists do this it realy helps..

Please go back and read Rodolfo's mail message in the archives on the
cost of bandwidth.  For 200 messages per day, artificially bloating the
subject line because your web provider doesn't allow for filtering
doesn't make sense.

For small lists where people typically don't filter them to separate
mailboxes, it might be useful to add extra stuff to the subject line.
For busier lists, filtering is the only way to go.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org