Low internet speed

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 19 21:07:41 UTC 2004

Danesh Daroui wrote:
> I am a FC3 user. I have connected a broadband internet CAT5 cable (8
> Mbit/1 Mbit) to this system. Before FC3, I was using Windows XP and the
> speed was fine, but when I installed FC3, the speed got low dramatically
> !

There are a couple of TCP settings that Fedora sets but Windows doesn't.
They should improve matters, but some routers don't like them.  (Note
that could be any device between you and the site you're trying to
reach).

Please see these links for details:

http://lwn.net/Articles/92727/
http://lwn.net/2001/0201/kernel.php3

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Important note: when washing your brain out with
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | nitric acid, it is important to stop *after* you've