Unicode support in fedora (was: Re: flac/mp3 tagging Latin characters)

Nadeem Bitar nadeem at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 23:04:19 UTC 2004

James,

thanks for the detailed explanation. I actually understand unicode
pretty well but I am curious why it doesn't "just work" by now in
Fedora and probably other linux distributions.
I use Japanese on my desktop and and I still have some problems such
as tagging mp3s or exchanging files with people on Japanese windows.

To be fair it has improved immensely but I will be very happy when I
won't have to use smbchartool
(http://www.samba.gr.jp/project/contrib/smbchartool.html) anymore.

Nadeem