up2date & rhn_check

I'm running RC3 on AMD64. Once in a while I get notified of updates
via the rhn applet but when I run up2date it says I'm all updated. I
assume this is because the update is for i386 which I might also have
in addition to the x86_64 package. My question is should I add i386
repos to my rhn/sources? I was wondering what would happen if I was
trying to install a package later and it found the same package for 2
different architectures in 2 different reps; would it choose one or
throw an error?